Easy Guide To Get Rid Of Lycos.com
Following browsers are infected by Lycos.com
|Mozilla Versions||Mozilla:45.0.1, Mozilla:44.0.1, Mozilla Firefox:41, Mozilla:45.4.0, Mozilla:42, Mozilla Firefox:38.2.0, Mozilla:46, Mozilla Firefox:38.5.1, Mozilla Firefox:43.0.1, Mozilla:43.0.4, Mozilla:38.5.1, Mozilla:43.0.2, Mozilla:50.0.1, Mozilla Firefox:45.4.0|
|Chrome Versions||Chrome 58.0, Chrome 54.0.2840, Chrome 53.0.2785, Chrome 55.0.2883, Chrome 49.0.2623, Chrome 50.0.2661, Chrome 58.0.3026.0, Chrome 52.0.2743, Chrome 57.0.2987, Chrome 51.0.2704, Chrome 56.0.2924|
|Internet Explorer Versions||IE 8:8.00.6001.18241, Internet Explorer 9-9.0.8080.16413, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.7600.16385, Internet Explorer 10:10.0.9200.16384, IE 10:10.0.8400.00000, Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6000.16386, Internet Explorer 8-8.00.6001.18702, IE 9:9.0.8080.16413, Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6001.1800, IE 8:8.00.6001.18372, IE 9:9.0.8112.16421, Internet Explorer 10-10.0.8250.00000, Internet Explorer 7-7.00.6000.16441, IE 7:7.00.6001.1800, IE 7:7.00.6000.16441|
Remove Lycos.com Easily From Infected Operating System
About The Lycos.com
Lycos.com is a nasty program which is reported by many users for creating issues in their Operating System. This malicious program can easily get inside any Operating System via deceptive ways. The threat can remain undetected in the compromises Operating System because of its hideous features. Once it get installed in your Operating System then it run several malicious process which make chaos on it. It alter important Operating System settings and also modify Internet settings. As a consequence you can’t do any offline or online work properly. The threat is also reported to bring other unwanted program in the compromised Operating System which harm it badly. Beside that it can also harm the Operating System software by destroying or corrupting data. It will do everything which can damage your Operating System, hence you must Remove Tips For it at its initial stage.
Common Symptoms Related To Lycos.com
Presence of Lycos.com on your Operating System can be noticed with several symptoms. Some error message will pop-up on your screen which stipulate some dangerous problem. Unwanted ads and pop-up start floating on the website which is based on your browsing history. Performance of your Operating System as well as Internet become slow than usual. This also indicate that the virus has capability to store your data. Whenever you try to open any software either it fails to open or respond very late. Your Operating System get crash or restart frequently without your permission. In addition, you will also notice some unwanted program which you never installed in your Operating System.
Distribution Method Of Lycos.com
Developer of Lycos.com utilize several deceptive way to distribute them. Spam email is one of the most used resource to spread such threats. User’s will get an unknown email which is disguise as important as it is send by some reputable company. But its attachment contain malicious code which install the threat in your Operating System. In addition, it also come as hidden file with some free downloaded software. If you don’t select custom or advance settings during installation then the hidden file also get installed silently. Further, it is also distributed via hacked or illegal sites, peer to peer file sharing network, infected removable device etc.
Method 1 : Start Your Operating System In Safe Mode With Networking
For Windows XP/Vista/7
- Open ‘Start’ menu and select ‘Restart’ option.
- Keep pressing ‘F8 key’ when your Operating System start booting.
- ‘Advance boot menu’ appear on your screen.
- Choose ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ and press Enter.
For Windows 8/10
- Open ‘Start’ menu, click on ‘Restart’ by holding shift key.
- Choose ‘Troubleshoot’ option from the opened Window.
- Now click on the ‘Advanced’ Options.
- Select ‘Startup Settings’ option.
- Choose ‘Enable Safe Mode option’ and click on Restart.
- At last choose ‘Safe Mode With Networking’ option.
Method 2 : Remove Lycos.com From Firefox
Remove Lycos.com From Internet explorer
- Start Internet Explorer browser on your system.
- Click on the Gear icon to open tools.
- Now tap on Manage Add-ons option.
- Then select Tool-bars and Extensions tab.
- Find out Lycos.com related add-ons, Click on Disable.
- Click on More information option then Remove button.
Remove Lycos.com From Google Chrome
- First open Google Chrome on your Operating System.
- From top right corner, click on three horizontol lines icon.
- Now you have to click on Tools option.
- Go to Extension and choose related extension to Lycos.com.
- In order to remove them, Click on trash bin icon.
Remove Lycos.com From Microsoft Edge
Because Microsoft Edge doesn’t have exension so in order to Remove Lycos.com it you will have to reset the Microsoft Edge homepage.
- Start Microsoft Edge browser on your Operating System.
- Go to top right corner and click on More (…) and go to Settings.
- Then choose A specific page/pages from Open option.
- Select teh desire URL you want as your homepage.
Remove Lycos.com From Mozilla Firefox
- Start Mozilla, from top right corner open menu.
- Select Add-ons, it will open Add-ons Manager tab.
- Then select Extensions or Appearance panel.
- Choose related add-on to Lycos.com that you need to Remove.
- Now Click on the Remove button.
- If pops up open then click on Restart now.
Method 3 : Remove Lycos.com From Control Panel
Remove Lycos.com From Windows XP
- From start menu, select ‘control panel’.
- Then click on the Add or Remove programs option.
- Search and Remove suspicious program from Operating System.
Remove Lycos.com From Windows 7
- From your keyboard, press ‘Windows’ button.
- Choose Control Panel Option from start menu.
- Choose remove a programs option from the program menu.
- Now choose Lycos.com related program and Remove it.
Remove Lycos.com From Windows 8
- Open Run Box by pressing Win+R key at once.
- In Run box type ‘control panel’ and hit Enter.
- Then Click on Remove a program.
- Right-click suspicious programs, click on Remove option.
Remove Lycos.com From Windows 10
- From start menu select Settings option.
- Then you have to select system option.
- Tap on Apps and Features option.
- Find and Remove suspicious program from your Operating System.
Method 4 : Stop Related Process To Lycos.com From Task Manager
- Press ‘ALT+Ctrl+Del’ keys at once.
- Then choose Windows Task manager option.
- Select related process to Lycos.com, click on End Task button.
Method 5 : Remove Lycos.com From Registry Editor
- Simultenously press Win + R keys to open Run window.
- Then type ‘regedit’, click on OK.
- Search for Lycos.com related registry and Remove them.
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain ‘Default_Page_URL’
HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings ‘CertificateRevocation’ = ’0